The right mattress for a good night’s rest is the one that satisfies your personal comfort and support needs. But before you start buying a new mattress, you should know some basic aspects of bedding. With a little general information about mattresses on the variety of options available, it will be easier to choose the right bed for you, and get an excellent night’s rest.
• INNERSPRING. The most purchased type of bedding uses the hardened steel coil stand in a variety of configurations. Different types and layers of upholstery provide insulation and cushioning between your body and the spring unit, resulting in a variety of comfort options.
• FOAM. Solid foam mattresses also offer a wide variety of sleeping sensations or “sensations”. They can be made of a solid core or of several layers of different types of foam laminated together. The advanced technology in polyurethane foams, the refinements to traditional latex and the new foams (“memory”) have added to the choice of comfort, support and performance.
•Airbeds. The air mattresses are now designed to look like the familiar mattress / box spring combination, with a full air core that provides the support instead of an internal springs unit or a foam core. These designs also offer a range of “sensations” and, in general, are adjustable to suit the individual needs of the sleepers.
• OTHER SLEEP OPTIONS. There are many popular mattress alternatives to meet the comfort, support and space needs of people, including futons, adjustable beds and water beds. Futons are a popular alternative for those who need a day couch and a mattress at night. Electrically adjustable beds allow sleepers to adjust the head and feet of the bed to the most comfortable position. And most waterbeds are now designed to look like the mattress / family base, with a full core of water that provides support, along with layers of upholstery for insulation and surface comfort.
Regardless of the type of sleep system you decide to buy, always evaluate a mattress for comfort, support, durability and space. The mattress that best addresses these needs is the mattress for you.
• COMFORT. Today’s premium mattress / foundation sets are designed to provide superior comfort. New and luxurious cushioning materials and extra soft surface treatments create a more comfortable and comfortable feeling.
• SUPPORT FOR. A good mattress and a base will gently support your body at all points and will keep your spine in the same way as a person with good standing posture. Pay special attention to your shoulders, hips and lower back, the heavier parts of the body.
• DURABILITY. It is the quality of the materials used and the way they meet that determine the time during which the mattress and base will provide comfort and support.
• SPACE. The reduced rooms can turn sleeping into a night fight. A healthy person moves 40 to 60 times a night, including dozens of full body turns. You need freedom of movement while you sleep and to help you relax while you sleep. Make sure your mattress gives you room to move comfortably at night.