Beating Insomnia: 5 tips for finding that elusive shut-eye offers practical tips for sleep without medications. Some of these tips seem like common sense, but you’d be amazed at how many of us lose track of even the obvious sometimes.
The article offers the following tips to get some sleep. You can read them in more detail by clicking on the above link.
1. Eat Properly. We aren’t just talking about eating right and skipping the caffeine here. Avoid drinking alcohol, smoking a cigarette, or eating a late night snack.
2. Exercise and Stay Active. Do you think your great-grandfather who worked on his farm all day had trouble sleeping? No way! Part of our sleep problems today are caused by our sedentary lives. Just don’t exercise right before you go to bed. That can keep you awake.
3. Keep Your Room Conducive to Sleep. Keep the room cool, dark, and quiet. Ditch the TV, radio, and other distractions that can keep you awake.
4. Take a Hot Shower or Bath. This helps you relax and wind down.
5. Clear Your Mind. Easier said than done, but with practice you can learn to clear your mind and not take your active mind to bed with you.
Another thing that can help you relax and sleep well is to have a comfortable bed. Two of the beds that are becoming more popular for their ability to induce comfortable sleep are the air bed and the natural latex mattress. Air beds and latex mattresses do wonders for those who cannot get comfortable when they hit the sack.
In the article, Happy Sleeping!!, the author, V.B.S. Aishwarya passes on tips for happy and healthful sleeping. These tips include:
Stick to a schedule – Wake up and go to bed around the same time everyday.
Sleep only at night – Avoid daytime sleep if possible. If that is not possible, limit daytime sleep to a 20 minute nap.
Exercise – Daily exercise helps you sleep better, but do not exercise too close to bedtime. Exercising too close to bedtime will make it difficult to fall asleep.
Take a hot shower or bath – Taking a hot shower or bath helps relax you and helps you fall asleep more easily.
Avoid caffeine – Caffeine is a stimulant and will keep you awake.
Read a fiction book – This will help take you away from your stressful life and make it easier to fall asleep.
Keep the bedroom cool – Studies have shown that optimal sleeping temperature is approximately 65 degrees.
Eat a balanced diet – This is a great overall health tip, just like exercise. Eating too much or too little will make it difficult to sleep.
Another way to sleep well is to have a comfortable mattress. More and more people are finding comfortable sleep with a specialty mattress, like an air bed or 100% natural latex mattress. You can learn more about how an air mattress or latex mattress can help you sleep by going to Habitat Furnishings.
“A Latex Mattress Keeps Your Bedroom Dust Mite Free” or so says the headline in the article. The problem with this headline is that it isn’t true. A latex mattress isn’t dust mite free, but a 100% natural latex mattress is. A 100% natural latex mattress can’t keep your bedroom dust mite free, but it can keep your mattress dust mite free. A dust mite free mattress doesn’t eliminate dust mites from your blinds, carpet, etc. Now that’s whole other issue!
Let’s start with what a 100% natural latex mattress can do for you. Besides giving you a comfortable sleep, it allows you to sleep on a mattress that is naturally dust mite free, anti-bacterial, and inhibits mold and mildew. What a great way to have a healthy night’s sleep! You aren’t lying with your face in the blinds for eight hours every night!
To read everything you need to know about a 100% natural latex mattress versus a synthetic latex mattress check out our natural latex mattress page.